Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bits & pieces of the precious thing called 'weekend'

 In utopia, you'd find me curled up with a good book in a couch by a window like this, sunlight streaming in. Ah, what bliss.


This one was taken in the university library. If I wasn't spending so much time in the hospitals, I'd be here a lot more often.

My new favourite place! Took a walk through almost all the shelves yesterday, and would have gone through all if an announcement didn't come over the intercom that they were closing! So many books on just about everything under the sun -- had me spellbound. Before this, was always in a rush, and only had time to hurry to the medical section. What a pity if in life we rush often to just what we think we want or need, and miss other precious things along the way.


 
So many good books in the world, so much knowledge to gain, yet so little time to read them all.

But for now, this is what awaits:

 

HAHA! *nervous laugh, bead of sweat trickles down cheek* 

Just stood outside my house today. Simply taking in the breeze, the sound of leaves rustling and a lone frog singing a solo, looking up to a sky that looked like it couldn't get bluer, and clouds that framed the smile of God upon creation. Breathtaking.

  


And oh! Discovered something yummy today, inspired by a desperate need for veggies in my meals. Throw chicken strips, lots of lettuce, and a boiled egg together, and smother in mayonnaise. Ta-daa! This is officially Mandy's new favourite meal:
As healthy as can get, and extremely filling if I have two bowls. Yum :)

7 comments:

HybridZ said...

woah, i see many ahs been getting bored these days xDDD

Mandy :) said...

Haha! JOSHIE!! More like just wanting to make sure I don't let the good things pass by without reflecting on them and putting them down in writing :)

Thanks for dropping by Joshie. I miss you lil bro :)

jasonleecj said...

Go for it Mandy! inspiration to start updating my blog too. haha..

Kuhanesh said...

YE GADS WHY WOULD YOU HAVE A NEED TO ADD MORE VEGGIE?!?!?!?!?!

Mandy :) said...

Hmmmm.. How about constipation? Impacted stools? Haemorrhoids? Bowel obstruction? Increased intraluminal pressure? Diverticular disease? Perforation? Peritonitis? Subphrenic abscess (in rare cases)? The cascade effect. Hahaha.. 'Tis the effect of being posted to colorectal surgery ;p

Eli James said...

SALADS. GOD BLESS SALADS. =)

Good to see you're well and kicking, Mandy. What did you use to take these pictures?

Mandy :) said...

Ced! Thanks for dropping by. It iz an honour, having the pleasure of a veteran blogger coming to my humble abode on the blogosphere. LOL :D

I used a combination of my Sony Cybershot DSC-W130 and my Nokia E71 for the pictures. Why? :)