Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Roses (I wonder if I ever said I'll be BAKK??)

My goodness.  

Mandy didn't think she'd see the day when she'd blog again.  

But yes, here I am. I think my friends who've been kindly bugging me all this while would probably head out and buy a few tickets in good hopes of striking the jackpot now! 

The same me, perhaps a little older, hopefully a little wiser, looking forward to life and at the same time wondering whether I'm ready for all that's ahead. And always remembering, to pause and sniff the morning air, to stop in my tracks and smell the roses.

This is the view from my room. A room that's been mine for two weeks now. (P.S. please don't mind the criss-crosses, it's the netting at my room window, can't slide it back so am "letting it lend a nice 'grid' feel to my photograph' haha)

Note the lovely blue of the
sky. The photograph was taken just this evening. My favourite time of the day here, because all work is done, a nice evening breeze usually picks up, and the birds come out to play for a good few hours before the sun goes to rest. If you were here, you'd hear the breeze rustling in the trees too. And note too my favourite scraggly, less-well-endowed tree in the distance--it's a tree with character, and tells stories with its branches. (Now I realize I'm beginning to sound like a nutcase, which some friends would argue is at least partially true. Don't ask me why *blinks innocently*)

This is the view that greets me in the later evening:


May be simple, but these lovely things are those little roses to look for. The things that keep us going, make life worthwhile, and remind us that grace and mercy are renewed every morning.

:)

2 comments:

sabrina said...

:) mandy. how are u? we just had a comm meeting today. my last tho haha after stepping down but yea. i miss ur presence. and somehow was really imagining u around.. hey tcare over there yea. hope u'll find good friends too and church. but yea in wahtever it is He is always there.. take heart and be strong. yes indeed glad u have the little roses :)

the sweetness of life. hugs mandy

Mandy :) said...

Dear sabrina :) i'm good, it's so nice to have sarah as our intern, it's like a familiar face from home. what are the odds that i'd come under her right? God-appointed :) tho am enjoying 'freedom' from leadership ath the moment (hehe), do miss the comm dearly. and miss you sabby. yes still finding my place here.. but God's givin so many roses along the way i can't even begin to thank Him enough :)

you take care too k. final sem! last haul! as you told me before eos5 before, God is faithful. and faithful He is to you, dear. lookin forward to us being on the same continent again. haha. HUGS :)